I am a beauty fanatic. I now work freelance as a makeup artist/hair stylist as well as modeling. I started doing hair and nails when I was 12 years old. Once I turned 17 I began to get into the skin and makeup concepts. When I graduated high school I wanted to go to cosmetology school but my family didnt think that was the best for me. Still to this day I wonder what would have happened if I was to persue that dream back then. I think things have actually turned out a lot better with me waiting.
Here is a quick tutorial to show my personal makeup ritual. Enjoy!
Erica's 10 Makeup steps
1. I wash my face with Shiseido facial wash for normal skin. I have tried several different types of facial washes but this has been the best so far.
2. I have used several moisturizers but I really like the way baby lotion makes my face and body soft.
3. Next I use MAC Studio Finish concealer with sp 35 in the shade of NW 45. My face has two main shadesbu the majority of my face is this shade so I use this to touch up blemishes. I can just use concealer and a bronzer/powder on my face and go but since I like to give the full effect I will put on foundation next.
4. After my concealer I use Studio Tech creme foundation in NW 47. I apply a very light layer to to even out my face really nice. It gives me that flawless airbrushed look to my face. This is one shade darker so I apply it lightly for a flawless look.
5. I actually pick up another concealer at this point. I use Studio Finish in NW40 this time. I use this around my eyes. This makes my face glow and it will give me an "Im awake" look. This also helps my eye shadow stick all day. This is a technique that you have to be careful with otherwise you will look like a clown.
6. Next is eyeshadow time. I usually use four colors unless Im lazy thne I will use two. I am in love with pigments. They are so full of color and there are endless combinations. I blend three colors on my lids and under my eyebrows I use a creme, silver, or white frost. I also use black or dark burgandy eyeshadow on my eyebrows and to make cat eyes. I wet a thin eyebrow brush and put shadow on it and line my brows and eyelids. I also put drops of visine in to make my eyes as white as possible and on special ocassions ill throw in the colored contact lenses.
7. At this point I apply my blush. I use pink, red, and brown shades. It just depends on the ocassion and what I am wearing.
8. Makeup is never right if you do not have any mascara on. This is one of the most important things in my routine. I cannot wear makeup without mascare. Just about anything else in my opinion can be skipped but mascara is essential.
9. I am almost done but I have to set the makeup. I use Studio Fix pressed powder in NW45 or bronzing powder. If its hot I wear powder but if the weather is nice Its bronzer all the way!
10. Last but not least comes my luscious lips. I line my lips with currant lip liner and then if the ocassion calls for it I put on a lipstic and then clear lipglass. Most of the times i skip the lipstick and put on a sexy tinted lipglass. I have a million colors and they all work with all of my looks so I really have fun with them. There is nothing that grabs the attention more than a sexy set of lips!
The most important thing I can say is BLEND!!!!! Makeup lines are not cute at all. Heres my finished look. Stay tuned for My hair routine!